Student Portal|Selection Page. Change to the way we validate subject rules....create a message on the selection page rather than apply changes on the validation page.
1. Selection page. Once a student has met the unit value criteria and any mandatory selection boxes completed, the proceed button becomes active (no change from current process).
2. Clicking Proceed, checks the selections against the subject rules. However instead of the results being applied and then displayed on the Validation page we are wanting an instruction message displayed in a dialog box (see attached image) – which requires the student to go and make the changes on the selection page to meet the criteria before being able to proceed.
3. Only rules that are broken would be displayed in the dialog.
4. Subject rules would only check against Preference boxes, not Reserve boxes (currently allows co-requisites that have been selected as reserves).
5. Validation page still used to display final selection & reorder